This interactive workshop will provide attendees with practical information, real-world examples and tips on how to enhance daily operational practices related to improving existing food safety and quality programs for the snack industry. Training focus points will include:
• Criteria for selecting, installing and maintaining processing equipment and utensils;
• How to effectively clean processing equipment and the processing environment;
• Identification of potentially troublesome ingredients and employee practices that could negatively impact operational food safety;
• How to upgrade existing food safety programs using industry best practices;
• FDA Preventive Controls sanitation requirements;
• Sanitation technology and tools, and;
• Tools for validation and verification of snack sanitation programs.
*Workshop registration is included with a SNAXPO Full Conference Package.
Registration for SNAXPO required. You may sign up for this activity during the regular registration process. Non-exhibitor attendees may click here to register for SNAXPO. If you are an exhibitor, you must register here. Once you select your registration type, you will be able to add this activity to your registration. Already registered and wish to modify, or have a registration question? Contact Abby Valentino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nobius Food Safety Management
Jenifer Kane has more than 35 years of experience in the food processing industry. Jenifer previously held several quality leadership roles with Kellogg’s Company, including Director, Global Quality Auditing and Director of Operations Quality. She also served as Sr. Industry Advisor with the International Food Protection Training Institute. Additionally, Jenifer’s career includes food quality positions with Nabisco, Planters, Kraft Foods, and Keebler. Most recently, she was instrumental in the development and rollout of global quality system assessments necessary to guide and support audit teams, regional Food Safety and Quality support groups, and individual manufacturing site management teams for Kraft and Kellogg.
EAS Consulting Group
Dave Blomquist has over 25 years of experience in food quality and safety, most recently spending 26 years at Ecolab, a global provider of hygiene and energy technologies and services. Dave also was responsible for food safety at Schwan’s and has conducted trainings in over 500 plants in the U.S. and Canada. Dave is an Honorary Lifetime Member of the International Association of Food Protection, and is a regular speaker at food and beverage technical conferences.